Getting systematic about cultural onboarding
Time & Location
About The Event
During this session, Andy Kitson, Head of People Ops and Director of Engineering at Redox, will share with us their approach to Cultural Onboarding. We’ll explore what “cultural onboarding” means, the reasons why cultural onboarded-ness is important for individuals and teams, how to implement it, and how to use it to evolve company culture in aspirational directions.
- 3 desired outcomes for the audience:
1. Cultural onboarded-ness is important to measure for individuals and teams. Audience feels inspired to do this!
2. Audience has a framework for getting started on measuring and taking action
3. Onboarding can be a tool for empowering new hires to evolve the culture in aspirational directions
(these might change depending how the talk actually comes together)
- Description: (feel free to wordsmith!)
We'll talk about what it means for team members to be "culturally onboarded" and what it means for a critical mass on teams to be culturally onboarded (or not!), how we evaluate where this critical mass is as we grow the team, empowering team members who are highly culturally aligned to elevate the culture, and our approach for bringing the current team and new hires into alignment.